Upstate4x4.com
New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route 2018 - Printable Version

+- Upstate4x4.com (http://www.upstate4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Just Showing Off (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Trip Report/Updates (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route 2018 (/thread-1034.html)

New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route 2018 - Dmiller - 12-24-2017 05:28 PM

A few people are planning a trip for a 2 week excursion to New Mexico this coming year (some of which may be on this site) using the routes on the NMBDR.

My father and I will be taking the 4runner on the 4,300 mile (approx.) journey in July - August time frame. As of right now, it will consist of 3 days travel to from Charlotte to Dell City, TX - a week long excursion on the NMBDR up to Antonito, CO - and a 3 day hike back to Charlotte, NC

I will be adding actual trip updates in this thread and will be adding all pre-trip and post-trip vehicle preparation in the '88 Runner grocery getter thread

[attachment=1514]

[attachment=1515]

RE: New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route 2018 - AlvarezMetalWorks - 12-25-2017 12:21 AM

Do some daily video blogs for us with pics. Come hell or high water, I will be taking my pathy on a long off road trip like this some day. Need to focus on buying a house for now though.

RE: New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route 2018 - Dmiller - 12-26-2017 11:33 AM

Since you lived out west, where abouts have you explored Rafael? Is there any areas on the east side that interest you? I feel as if the west to mid-west really hold the key but I also feel as if there should be a lot of areas right here on the east side. I am even thinking Canada would have lots to offer.

To actually do the excursion is fairly cheap, especially splitting the cost with another person (the only way to do it). But I think my biggest hit will be the 8 - 10 days of lost wages at work since my PTO is all gone. But if you had some PTO time, that could really offset the cost as well...

I plan on taking a trip out to Uwharrie sometime in the spring to get a feel for what works and what doesn't so I don't mistakenly bring unneeded items, and of course, the opposite.