Click On The Amazon Banner Below Before You Order Anything From Amazon.
Doing this helps to cover our forum server expenses. This does not effect what you order from Amazon at all. To sum things up, Amazon gives us up to 6% in commission. If you have and ad blocker, click this message to be linked to Amazon. It works the same way. ~Thank you for your support of Upstate4x4.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Off Road Park
02-15-2018, 10:36 AM
New Off Road Park

I was wondering if anyone knows what legal hoops you have to go through in NY to open an Offroad park? Not event based, but open weekly. From what I read...

Permits are not required
Insurance????
Town permission required
money $$$ lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2018, 07:09 PM
RE: New Off Road Park
(02-15-2018 10:36 AM)Patches Wrote:  
I was wondering if anyone knows what legal hoops you have to go through in NY to open an Offroad park? Not event based, but open weekly. From what I read...

Permits are not required
Insurance????
Town permission required
money $$$ lol
Molly Mears may. She helped with Whispering Pines. I am not sure how to get hold of her.
03-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Given that it'll be a business you'll need a license, insurance to protect you, You really should talk to the zoning board to see if what you want to do is ok in that area. Keep in mind their are always loop holes. Calling it a private club maybe a way around some of the bullshit.

Alvarez Metal Works
Click here to visit me on Youtube
Click here to visit me on Facebook
[Image: forum-sig.png]
Check out Roark Supply @ www.roarksupply.com
For a 10% discount on your entire order use Coupon Code: Metal
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2018, 05:47 AM
Check with the local codes office to see if there are even zoning laws, if there are you have to make sure it is an approved use. If it is not an approved use you could have to apply for a zone change or special use permit such could then lead to a public hearing, the town/zoning would be the biggest hurdle in my eyes.

Insurance would be similar to what a race track uses I would assume.

yj project under construction

https://www.youtube.com/user/goldxlt/videos
03-09-2018, 08:09 PM
(03-06-2018 05:47 AM)Pat_R Wrote:  Check with the local codes office to see if there are even zoning laws, if there are you have to make sure it is an approved use. If it is not an approved use you could have to apply for a zone change or special use permit such could then lead to a public hearing, the town/zoning would be the biggest hurdle in my eyes.

Insurance would be similar to what a race track uses I would assume.

good luck

in vermont it would never happen, dang act250

ExpeditionNorth.com Its not about the destination, its the journey.
2004 GMC Yukon & 1966 Stevens M416 trailer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Thank you all for the information, We are doing our first Meet and Greet August 25th at BHM Offroad Test Facility. Wish us luck, and hope it turns out well. Always scary when it's all new.