Click On The Amazon Banner Below Before You Order Anything From Amazon.
Doing this helps to cover our forum server expenses. This does not effect what you order from Amazon at all. To sum things up, Amazon gives us up to 6% in commission. If you have and ad blocker, click this message to be linked to Amazon. It works the same way. ~Thank you for your support of Upstate4x4.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taco Build
08-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Taco Build
The first thing I've ordered for my Tacoma has arrived so I guess it's time to start a build thread. Luckily (or unluckily for the extreme tinkerers) I've got a TRD edition so it's already got some trail readiness. With a locking rear diff and some (still in need of upgrades to do serious wheeling) skid plates underneath I've been surprised at how well she does off road without putting anything into her yet.

Step 1: Body Armor

[Image: image.jpg]

Because this is currently my dd I don't want to do too much damage to her. I already put a good dent in the driver's side rocker panel at the Anniversary Run so I figured some sliders were in order to prevent it from getting worse.

Once I got them in I couldn't help laying them out to see how they'll fit and doing a quick mock up. Now, if only I knew someone who could help me weld these on...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: Taco Build
Good plan. More armor is always a good idea! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
08-23-2015, 07:40 AM
Rock sliders: To protect the dents you got before you bought them.

Lol i'm pretty sure just about everyone new to rock sliders bought them after the dents took place lol. We'll except jeep owners. They have every accessory known to man regardless if it will ever get used ir not in the mall parking lot.

Alvarez Metal Works
Click here to visit me on Youtube
Click here to visit me on Facebook
[Image: forum-sig.png]
Check out Roark Supply @ www.roarksupply.com
For a 10% discount on your entire order use Coupon Code: Metal
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-23-2015, 12:15 PM
For what its worth, that Sunday morning I hit that stump that dented your truck at a pretty good rate of speed and got both front and back over it before I landed.

(08-23-2015 07:40 AM)AlvarezMetalWorks Wrote:  Rock sliders: To protect the dents you got before you bought them.

Yup. Still looking for some doors haha . The problem I have is mine bolt to the rocker panels and the frame. Rocker panels have alreaddy been seriously F'd up so I cant bolt to them.

Mike
2000 XJ Cherokee - 3.5'' lift / 32'' Tirerecapper Pizza Cutters / Front Locker
09-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Well, did you get them welded on? Big Grin

The Tacoma did very well for being showroom shiny. If I remember right, you still had a temp tag on it at the time.

Looking forward to more progress.

Too Many Projects . . .
09-01-2015, 06:25 PM
(09-01-2015 11:28 AM)Smithy Wrote:  Well, did you get them welded on? Big Grin

The Tacoma did very well for being showroom shiny. If I remember right, you still had a temp tag on it at the time.

Looking forward to more progress.

Yep, I brought her off road before I even had state plates on 'er. As far as the sliders, Raphael and I will be getting together to get them on soon Big Grin
09-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Well, finally got my sliders welded on and a bonus: the bumper I ordered finally got here and Raphael helped me get that on too!

The man at work.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with both the bumper and the sliders. Can't wait to bang off some stuff and put them to the test.
09-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Glad you're happy man. I think it turned out good.

Alvarez Metal Works
Click here to visit me on Youtube
Click here to visit me on Facebook
[Image: forum-sig.png]
Check out Roark Supply @ www.roarksupply.com
For a 10% discount on your entire order use Coupon Code: Metal
09-22-2015, 03:26 AM
I love that bumper, I want to do somthing similar on my jeep. October 17th is the next that I can think of; it is the twisted axels highway cleanup/afternoon fun run.

yj project under construction

https://www.youtube.com/user/goldxlt/videos
09-23-2015, 07:05 AM
nice looking mods

ExpeditionNorth.com Its not about the destination, its the journey.
2004 GMC Yukon & 1966 Stevens M416 trailer