Click On The Amazon Banner Below Before You Order Anything From Amazon.
Doing this helps to cover our forum server expenses. This does not effect what you order from Amazon at all. To sum things up, Amazon gives us up to 6% in commission. If you have and ad blocker, click this message to be linked to Amazon. It works the same way. ~Thank you for your support of Upstate4x4.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Demolition!
12-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Demolition!
Thought I would post a few shots of the demolition in progress. Bought the house next door last year, it had five apartments in it and was way too close to my house. It has a small garage and a big parking lot in the back that I'm keeping. Going to put up a fence on the property line and plant a line of Giant Arborvitae or Eastern Red Cedar in the spring. Will start with 10' trees and they should grow 2'-3' a year after the first year. The spot the house sat on will be lawn for now and maybe a third garage down the road. The first shot (I miss summer!) shows how close it is. My house is on the right and the demo house is 6'-8' to the left of the fence. Both properties are 198' deep. Going to take the last pictures tomorrow. The house is down and two loads of topsoil have been brought in and leveled. Will add one more load in the spring after it settles then plant grass and trees. Looks so weird without the house there! So much more sun.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: Demolition!
Very cool! A little extra space is always welcome.

Too Many Projects . . .
12-11-2016, 10:33 AM
I imagine it will be alot quieter without 5 apartments next door

yj project under construction

https://www.youtube.com/user/goldxlt/videos
12-11-2016, 02:35 PM
House? What house?

(12-11-2016 09:13 AM)Smithy Wrote:  Very cool! A little extra space is always welcome.

Yeah man! Gives me a little breathing room. Other neighbor next to me and across from me are great but I'm at the part of the street where the single family owned homes meet the rentals. Should look like a glade in the woods when I'm done planting trees.

(12-11-2016 10:33 AM)Pat_R Wrote:  I imagine it will be alot quieter without 5 apartments next door
That it will! It was built to be a 2-3 family home but they split the ground floor into two apartments and added dormers to the attic floor for a fifth studio. Going to link my driveway to the parking lot so I can enter with a trailer from one street and drive out the other. Also I can get my 86' Ram out of the back yard (see pic) and into the parking lot now that the demo is done.

12-12-2016, 07:45 PM
When you said 5 apartments, I wasn't expecting a small house like that. Musta had to be realllll friendly with everyone to live there.

Mike
2000 XJ Cherokee - 3.5'' lift / 32'' Tirerecapper Pizza Cutters / Front Locker
12-13-2016, 01:35 AM
(12-12-2016 07:45 PM)Miller88 Wrote:  When you said 5 apartments, I wasn't expecting a small house like that. Musta had to be realllll friendly with everyone to live there.
Yeah, the house was narrow but deep. It took two full size semi-dumps and three triple axle dumps to haul it all away. 1st floor two apartments, second floor single apartment, medium size attic apartment and a tiny studio also on the third floor. In picture 4 the two dormers getting torn off are the studio. About the size of a small bedroom. Can't wait to get fencing, trees, grass and no trespassing signs in when spring arrives!
12-13-2016, 08:25 AM
I had a neighbor I tried to have his house demo but no one would do it as he was living in it. He's gone now and the people who moved in are great. They tolerate my collecting.
12-13-2016, 12:49 PM
(12-13-2016 08:25 AM)Burban Wrote:  I had a neighbor I tried to have his house demo but no one would do it as he was living in it. He's gone now and the people who moved in are great. They tolerate my collecting.
It was hit and miss over the years with tenants including a heroin addict and then her crack addict rage-aholic husband when he got released from prison. Ahhh, those were fun times!
12-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Sounds about like my neighborhood!

Mike
2000 XJ Cherokee - 3.5'' lift / 32'' Tirerecapper Pizza Cutters / Front Locker
01-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Awesome!!!