Click On The Amazon Banner Below Before You Order Anything From Amazon.
Doing this helps to cover our forum server expenses. This does not effect what you order from Amazon at all. To sum things up, Amazon gives us up to 6% in commission. If you have and ad blocker, click this message to be linked to Amazon. It works the same way. ~Thank you for your support of Upstate4x4.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wow, people are scumbags!
04-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Wow, people are scumbags!
So I headed up to my land Monday to do some work and cleanup. I staked off two parking areas (I let a farmer plant 5 of my fields and the stakes are to say don't plow/plant here) and two access trails on field edges. Then I started doing the garbage cleanup along the road. I worked until I ran out of daylight getting about a third of the road frontage done to about 20 feet in. Filled two giant contractor bags, probably 100+ pounds. I found a bottle of piss, a bottle of chew spit, a 6-8 pound net bag of clams, two bags of household garbage (no names, too decayed), a giant TV box, 3 deer carcasses that I left (most likely illegally taken), a camp chair, a house for sale sign, and tons of bottle, cans, cups, and miscellaneous garbage. Also found most of the front grill of a car with metal and plastic trim and both headlights. Down at the end I didn't get to my friend Jess said there are several 5 gallon pails full of something? Deer parts, body parts, meth lab remains, who knows but I'm not looking forward to finding out. At one point I was digging out some half buried plastic and thought I might come face to face with a mail order bride that hadn't worked out for someone! Thankfully just plastic, no bride. On the plus side it was an awesome day to be out and about and the section I did looks great! Heading back this weekend to finish the cleanup and then start working on bridges and trail clearing. The land is really wet but I'm hoping to have everything done and ready for a full club ride sometime in May.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: Wow, people are scumbags!
Wow that is some nasty stuff man!!!!! Growing up out on a deserted country road myself, I used to see all sorts of wierd and disgusting stuff thrown out in the ditches.
I'm sure you could of asked some of us to help, I know I would of came up and helped clean, helping out is the least I can do for letting me wheel on your land.
I'm excited to come back up and bring the yj!

Dan
1998 ZJ limited 4.5" lift 32s, lots of stuff
04-05-2017, 02:20 PM
(04-05-2017 10:02 AM)Ayreonaut Wrote:  Wow that is some nasty stuff man!!!!! Growing up out on a deserted country road myself, I used to see all sorts of wierd and disgusting stuff thrown out in the ditches.
I'm sure you could of asked some of us to help, I know I would of came up and helped clean, helping out is the least I can do for letting me wheel on your land.
I'm excited to come back up and bring the yj!

Appreciate the offer but I wouldn't ask for help with the trash. It's too gross to share! I'll be happy to accept help for everything else though! I figure if I do two "work and wheel" events with 3-4 hour work time we could clear the new section on the Back 40 trail and the last section of the Rock trail. Jay and I will get the trees dropped and limbed for the remaining bridges and I should be picking up the lumber at the sawmill within the next couple weeks. I've been scouting out the new trail on the creek side too, it should go pretty quick. I've got to shop around and find the best deal I can of a 20' drain pipe (12"-18" diameter) for the trail down to camp, it's washed out bad enough you can't drive down it with a wheeler right now. Lots to do but I feel great so I'll be diving right into it. Also should be able to deploy the Jeep this weekend since the salt is washing away. Ohhhh Yeeaaaahhh!!!
04-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Wow yeah I have a corner lot in a development and with no dog I have a ton of dog poop. scumbags.
04-07-2017, 05:32 AM
(04-06-2017 04:53 PM)Burban Wrote:  Wow yeah I have a corner lot in a development and with no dog I have a ton of dog poop. scumbags.

I get that here at my place in Watertown once in a while. Once I go out and give them the crazy eyes along with threats of them going home with the dog shoved inside them they tend to take their business to greener pastures!
04-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Yep, some people are kinda trash - pun intended.

I'm guessing one of the neighbors didn't want to pay for trash pickup and decided to be "neighborly" and donate stuff to you.

Mike
2000 XJ Cherokee - 3.5'' lift / 32'' Tirerecapper Pizza Cutters / Front Locker
04-11-2017, 11:24 AM
(04-10-2017 10:27 AM)Miller88 Wrote:  Yep, some people are kinda trash - pun intended.

I'm guessing one of the neighbors didn't want to pay for trash pickup and decided to be "neighborly" and donate stuff to you.
What, do people think he is Oscar? Wink But yea, people suck...
04-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Love the "neighborly" donations! Went back up Sunday and Monday. Filled another two bags, about 100 pounds on Sunday. Worked on the "Back 40" trail Monday. Cleared up some of the confusing areas and repainted the trail markers. Also scouted out a sick new off camber section about 200 yards long that's gonna make you want to shit yourself! I found another area just of the trail that will make a great play area with some big ass boulders. Hoping to finish remarking and clearing the "Back 40" this Friday and then start cutting the new section this weekend. Hoping to clear and remark the "Rock Trail" next week and then start cutting the new section above the rock pile. Still really wet up there but I'm making good progress. So awesome that the knee is working properly this year.
04-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Sounds Awesome. Glad you feeling way better too!
04-15-2017, 11:36 AM
(04-14-2017 07:56 PM)Burban Wrote:  Sounds Awesome. Glad you feeling way better too!

Thanks Andy! Knees are holding up well. Worked up there yesterday for half a day then rode wheelers with a friend from Rochester. It's starting to dry up a little.